Monday, April 5, 2010

Laptops

I'm looking to buy a new laptop. So, I did a little research.

I want a high performance one, so I decided to look for machines with bit higher specifications, after some search, I found 8 different processors that may suit my needs.
notebookcheck.net is a good place to compare
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Processors-Benchmarklist.2436.0.html







Core i7 gives the highest performance. But a drawback is that it requires more power. That means shorter period to work with batteries.
RAM needs to DDR3 obviously, 4GB or more
Next major concern is Graphics. Since I aim graphics programming and gaming, I has to be other than intel. preferably a 1GB. Common cards found in this criteria were nvidia GF230M-GT and ATI 4650.
And WiFi and Bluetooth are must. 15.6 is the common screen size and

Here, HP is more popular these days. Other famous brands include dell, acer, asus, sony.
Though many guys have HP these days, but not very sure about their reliability
Here's what I found. But don't know if this is entirely true
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10400447-1.html














However, many high performance laptops available in Sri Lanka are HP.
DV6-2190 (i7), DV6-2510, DV62130, DV6-1316 are available at Technocity(laptop.lk) under Rs. 200k

While surfing the net, I found this cool laptop
Asus G51JX with i7 processor, GF360MGTS, and blueray drive. The price is around $1400 in many online shops . Unfortunately these models aren't here. Even if they were, it'll cost much.




















in G51 series, there's a G51JX-3D laptop with 3d glasses from nvidia. for 3d experience( like in avatar game)!



Enough about Asus.
I'm still looking for an affordable laptop with good specifications...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your post really cool and interesting. Thanks very much.

HP - Pavilion 15.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Bright Purple (g6-2226nr)

HP - ENVY 17.3" Laptop - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Black (dv7-7230us)

Anonymous said...

It looks like asus is coming up in terms of laptop performance. Anything stronger and MSI will probably be right next to asus.

I used a criteria quiz that helps search for laptops with specs I need - best laptop for me. It narrows it down by your importance.